Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Two Major up coming stitching projects!!!

I have picked two stitching projects for this year. I had planned on some entirely different stitching goals as the last year came to and end but life as they say sometimes has other plans for you :)

First off my middle son asked his girlfriend to marry him on Christmas day, I am excited about this, one, because she is a nice young lady and two, I get to be a mother-in-law :). No jokes please, Chris is the first of my three sons to get engaged and I'm excited. Anyway, I was wondering what I could do for them as a gift for their wedding, I knew it had to be something very special and then I remembered Lavender and Lace's The Wedding and took a look at it again on-line. My DH also looked at and agreed he thought it would be perfect so I ordered the pattern, fabric and beads from my favorite online LNS and waited for it to arrive. The order came last week and Friday I went up to Hobby Lobby and bought all my floss, I decided to get all new for this special project. Now to start this project!!!
My second stitching project is in memory of a very nice lady who was on several stitching groups with me over the past several years. Her name was Renee and she passed away a week or so ago from cancer. She will be sorely missed. One of our groups has decided to pick one of her favorite designers and stitch in her memory. She liked Just Nan and Victoria Sampler. I didn't have any Just Nan's kitted and ready to go, but I did have several Victoria Sampler's ready, I picked "Jingle Bells" Christmas Tree Farm. I have started this one but just barely will post a progress picture as soon as there is more then white to show.

No comments: