Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

So I have this idea

     I went to visit my new (and first) grand baby early this month.  I can report that Chloe Dylan is a cutie pie and I just love her to pieces.  After we spent a few days in Chicago we went up to Milwaukee to visit my in laws, that wasn't such a fun time.  My father in law wound up in the hospital with congestive heart failure but after 3-1/2 days in the hospital, good nurses, doctors and meds I can report he is home and doing well. But I digress.

     I have always liked the pattern on the floor of my mother in laws bathroom, yeah I know kinda weird, but I looked at it this trip in a whole new light.  I thought to myself, what a cool quilt block this would make, so I too a picture of it with my trusty phone

So then I came home and have drawn it out. No colors yet but I think I know what fabric I'm going to use
I will get back to you when I have something cut out and sewn up :)

2 comments:

J. Layman said...

Thanks for commenting in Quiltville Open Studio with my question about designing the quilt! I will love seeing what yours looks like! My block design is 8" finished and the picture I saw had sashing and cornerstones, so I can see that part in my head. I never started from scratch before...I have always had a pattern which told me how much to get, how many pieces to cut, etc. I just don't want it to be too "off" because it is a gift for my first grandson's wedding in September!

MaryKup said...

I have never done one from scratch either, I also have used a pattern. I have made several bags, etc over the years just from ideas I've had but never a quilt. I'm gonna keep this for me when finished. Maybe I will make it king sized to fit my bed :)