Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Long overdue update

I have a long overdue update. My middle sone got married this past Sunday to a very beautiful young lady. I had always wanted to stitch The Wedding by Lavender and Lace but never had the occasion to do so until now. It took me about a year and a half to do and the last month before my self imposed deadline I was stitcing 8 to 10 hours a day on it. I think my poor hubby is tired of Grey's Anatomy I watched it a lot while working on this project. But I made it on time and it turned out very nice if I do say so myself. I took it to Hobby Lobby to have it framed and then over to a wonderful You Mail It type place to send it off. They wrapped it very well and it made it to the bride and groom without issue. I made them wait until I got there to actually open it. Now I am back to my rotation. Or at least what I think my rotation is going to be. I put a couple of easier, not a lot of one color pieces in the rotation. I will see how that works out over the never month or so.

1 comment:

mdgtjulie said...

Huge grats on the finish, Mary. It looks fabulous. I want to do that one for my friend Rosa, but she can't seem to settle down, lol. Congrats to the happy couple.