Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

I tried a fabric box

I decided to try a fabric box that one of the ladies in one of my Facebook quilt groups posted the directions for.  You can go here to see the instructions;  http://seaside-stitches.blogspot.com/2013/03/fabric-box-tutorial.html.

I decided to try and do 8" square, only because I wasn't paying attention and didn't cut straight on one side and had to make it smaller then the directions.

So this is the fabric I decided to go with first of all.  I kind of like the orange and lime green together :)

I was trying to figure out how to quilt it and thought about circles but couldn't get my compass to work right so I used my various sized Hex templates to draw the design on the fabric
I think it turned out pretty nice.  Then I had to build the box which wasn't as hard as I thought.  I did decide that since I made mine smaller then the one in the directions I had to make my corners smaller.  But I think it turned out fine.
Then I turned it right side out and pressed it, sewed the corners down.

Then I added my buttons and it was done.  I have decided that since I take my normal glasses off to sew and use cheaters (and seem to never remember where I put them)I am going to use this cute little box to hold my glasses :)