Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Rainy day in Georgia

Well it’s a rainy stormy kind of day here in Georgia today.  So I figured it was a perfect afternoon to work on some quilt squares.  So I decided to get started on a half square triangle quilt I saw on the Missouri Quilt Companies YouTube pagehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L43Uc9H_RUA&hd=1.   I even bought the print charm packs she used; I however have tons of white Kona fabric here so decided to make my own white squares to go with the charm packs.  I am half way through the first set of 3 packs.  Once I get them sewn I will press and cut as described in the video and then go on to the next charm pack.  Here is my progress so far.
It is a nice break from working on Celtic Solstice.  I have my chevrons done, not sure if I want to go back to the pinwheels again (I had such a hard time with them last time I tried) or move on to the last set of blocks.  I know, I know I will eventually have to go back to the pinwheels.  Anyway, here are some of my chevrons.  I still have to trim and square them up.
Now I'm taking a break from sewing to make dinner, 2 of my 3 sons are here and we are having a nice Sunday dinner together.  Steaks and baked potatoes are on the menu but due to weather we will have to cook the steak indoors instead of on the grill.  Remind me to share my baked potato recipe with you all.  I don't microwave them anymore and have even made a convert out of my hubby who will pick french fries anytime.

No comments: