Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

Coming along, slowly but surely

So last November I stumbled upon a quilter named Bonnie Hunter http://quiltville.blogspot.com/, thanks to a cross stitch buddy named Teri Overton Way http://thisisterri.com/ and she was starting a mystery quilt based on her travels to Ireland over the summer.  I figured how hard can it be??  I've sewn and cross stitched for years and years.  Yeah, it was a bit harder than I expected.  I have never made pinwheels or chevrons before.  It was easier to master the chevrons then the pinwheels.  I finally got the 25 done that I need for this project.  Only one part to go and then I can put it all together.  Not sure if I will do many pinwheels again but you never know.  I’m always up for a challenge.  So anyway here are my pinwheels



Hopefully I will get that last part done and the top put together before the next mystery comes out.  Can't wait for that one.  Bonnie went to the UK this summer.  Been there done that so I can only imagine what she picked for her inspiration. 

1 comment:

Terri said...

I'm at the pinwheel stage too.