Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

I took some advice

I made part of yesterday a stay away from the computer day and decided to be creative.  Some one had said in one of the Facebook groups I belong too that you would be surprised how much you get done when you don't spend all day at the computer.  I have to admit I spend more time at the computer then I should so I took this advice to heart.

My husband's niece is getting married next month so I need a few new things to wear.  I will go shopping for some clothes here in the next week or so but wanted to make something new to take along.  Several years ago I made a vest that had all colors of fabric cut and pressed onto interfacing then free stitched all over.  I decided to try something like that again only with Hexes instead.  Well my first attempt as free stitching didn't  go as planned.  I thought well why not just stitch around the hexes kind of like a quilt without it actually being a quilt.
This is kind of what I came up with.  Going to do the other side then go from there.  This vest pattern as a lapel so I'm thinking blue for it and the back, maybe the lining too :)

No comments: