Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Grand Illusion Part One

I am working on Bonnie Hunter's Grand Illusion Mystery quilt http://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/grand-illusion-mystery.html part 1.  I started later then most because I was in Connecticut for Thanksgiving week, I got to spend the week with my granddaughter, Ms Chloe Dylan aged 7 months
and  didn't get home until way late on Friday.  Saturday was run around town, getting caught up on stuff day so I didn't start until Sunday.  I am taking my time and going slow as I rushed through the first few clues for Celtic Solstice last year and my parts aren't matching up like they should.  This time I am doing 25 or so HST at a time (about what I get out of a 44/45 wide piece of fabric) and squaring them up before I move on.
Here I have 150 done and have the others cut out and ready to be chain sewn together.  I probably won't  get the yellow and black parts done before tomorrow's clue comes out but at least when I get the parts done this time I know the parts will be the right sizes.

No comments: