Pages

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Baby it's cold outside

Woke up this morning it was 20 degrees with a windchill of 12, now most of you would think for winter that that would be pretty normal but I live in the south, in the Middle of Georgia to be exact.  I don't think it's suppose to be this cold here.  Anyway it kind of put a monkey wrench in my New Years plans to walk the dog everyday.  I'm sorry I just don't do cold, I will have to find other ways around the inside of my house to get my steps in today.  I have a fabric room that needs cleaning, floors that need mopping so I'm sure I'll get them in.

On the stitching front I have started a new cross stitch, this one will be for my sister Kelley when it's done.  I am working on "The Letter S by Nora Corbett,  She wasn't a fan of the K for Kelley so we went with the last name instead.  When I have more the 10 stitches in I'll post my progress. 

On the quilting front I have a couple of things going on. I fell in love with this Riley Blake fabric a few years ago and bought a few layer cakes.  I finally found a pattern I thought I could do and got distracted by life in general.  When my son and daughter in law told us they were expecting a new addition after the new year I was excited, when they told us it would be another girl I got really excited, now I could use that cute fabric.  Started working on it and our little Haley Belle decided to come 7 weeks early.  I am so not ready for this.  Squares are half done so now I have to kick the sewing into high gear to get this done, hopefully by February when we plan on going up to Chicago to see the family.This the the quilt I'm working on, Disappearing hourglass, this makes me wish I had a lap top instead of just  tablet or phone to follow along with.  Again more pics to follow in a day or two

Hope it's warm where you are and that all your stitches and such are true :)

1 comment:

mdgtjulie said...

LOL, Mary, it's not even close. I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio, and it's FREEZING here. Literally. We haven't seen the top side of freezing in two weeks. Last night, it got down to about 0 degrees, and the night before, it got down to about -7, a new record. Daytime temps aren't much better, only in the single digits the last few days. Sometimes, it's even gotten into the teens. (Ooooooooooh, a heat wave!!!) I've been staying inside for the most part, and trying to stay warm. Also, I've been stitching lots, so that's good. I can't wait to see your quilt all done, and I hope you get it done in time to take it up to (COLD, FROSTY) Chicago. I guess someone was determined to be here ASAP, and not when planned, lol. Congrats to the whole family on the new addition, and have fun quilting!!!