Pages

Friday, January 5, 2018

A day in my Quilty Life

One of the things I have become addicted to over the last several years is Quilting.  I love turning scraps of fabric into a Quilt, big or small doesn't really matter to me at this point, I'm still trying to learn to be better at it.  I have had issues with points matching but I keep plugging away at it.  I look all over the internet for tips and tricks on how to be better at it.  Man are there a lot of tips and tricks.  I got my hubby to buy me a new machine for Christmas to learn machine quilting on.  Nothing fancy with tons of bells and whistles but so far it's working for me.

I also started working on planning my sewing time to try and get more done.  I got the The Quilters Planner to help me get more organized in my sewing and daily life.  There is a Block of the Month challenge going on with other folks who have the planner and I decided to join.  I mean after all you have an entire month to do one block and at the end you will have a quilt.  I am seriously working on the first block.  I found some cute fat quarters packs at Hobby Lobby here in town and got 2 just to be on the safe side.  
 So this is the fabric with all the piece cut to specs
And this is my first ever Split Square Triangles.  I thought they were going to be a pain to figure out but they are easy :)  

On the flip side, still friggin cold here.  We won't warm up until mid week next week.  I know I know I don't live in the North East so I only have to contend with cold, not snow and terrible winds etc.  but there is a reason I stayed in the south :)

No comments: