Pages

Friday, April 20, 2018

My journey starts today


So, my journey begins today.  I have had a weight problem all my adult life, and that is pretty sad to say because next month I’ll be 62 and I am just now coming to the realization that I need to do something and do it now. 
My father in law passed away last week at the ripe old age of 93 and my mother in law is still around at 91 while my parent are no longer here.  My mom took wonderful care of herself but passed away at 69 due to cancer and my dad passed at 80 due to a brain bleed.  I would like to be around longer then this and to do that I have to change things, starting today.
I have been going to Weight Watchers for a few years but kind of paid lip service to the whole thing.  If I had taken it as serious as I should have I would be a life time member by now.  That ends today.  I am going to lose the weight, I am going to get moving more and I am going to become the person I want to be from this moment forward.

So, day one:  Tracked everything so far, have only had breakfast but counted it, tracked it.  Took the dog for a walk, not as far as I plan on going but a good start (and the weather here is beautiful today), and I am drinking water, I learned in a WW meeting yesterday that 70% of Americans are dehydrated.  I drink coffee at breakfast, usually 2 cups, one diet coke with Splenda at lunch, milk and coffee with dinner that that’s about it.  I maybe one of the 70%.  Time to change that.  I do like La Croix water but I seriously don’t think I can drink 5 cans of carbonated water a day so I will have to drink other water as well. 

No comments: