Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth of July everyone !!!

We added a new member to our family yesterday. I got a little Shih Tzu named Leia. Yes after the princess from Star Wars. Couldn't help it :). My eldest dog is named Chewy ( the boys wanted to name him Chewbacca but I said no and shortened it), we also had a cocker named Solo after you guessed it Han Solo. So it only seemed right to name our new baby after the Princess. We also have a cocker named Einstien, my hubby always wanted to have a dog named that after watching the Back to the Future movies.

She is cute and going to need a lot of brushing :0. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to let her have the long flowing hair of her breed or keep her in a puppy cut. She doesn't seem to mind getting brushed right now but you never know about later as she gets a bit bigger. We will have to see. Right now the job is to housetrain her and teach her not to chew up stuff. She also will have to learn to leave the big guys alone sometimes but they seem to be able to handle that job on their own. A growl from them sends her on her way when they don't want to be bothered.

Well I have the next 2 days off and my house needs cleaning. Will post pics of the new puppy in a day or two.

No comments: